100 years of caring
The Elizabeth Knox Home and Hospital is a Charitable Trust located at 10 Ranfurly Road, Epsom, Auckland.
The Trust was established 100 years ago when Mrs Elizabeth Knox died leaving an extremely generous bequest to establish and operate a hospital to care for those in need.
The current facility has 136 beds and provides care across the age continuum - having a long history of providing high quality care for young physically disabled and elders.
Significant planning is underway for redevelopment of the existing facilities on the current site.
A Board of Trustees is responsible for the governance of the Trust with day-to-day operation of services being managed by the professional team.
Our Residents Committee meets on a 6 weekly basis. This committee was formed in the latter part of 2010 and its purpose is to provide a forum for residents to ensure that their needs, ideas and initiatives for Residents are discussed, reviewed and actioned as appropriate.
This is achieved when the committee:
- submit recommendations, ideas and initiatives to support the living requirements of residents;
- suggest ways to improve/enhance the living status of residents
- ensure that the collective voice of residents is presented to management and the board
- review and comment on relevant policies and procedures
- act in an advisory capacity as required on all aspects of services provided by EKHH.